Mikky's Reviews > Bound

Bound by C.K. Bryant

May 31, 12

Read in May, 2012

I have no words to express what this book made me go through. That probably explains why I couldn't get through the last 40 something pages.

The book started out fine enough, but towards page 20 something, it feels like the author just slapped me in the face, threw me over a cliff and let me hanging there screaming for help!

As the story goes on (again I remind myself no spoilers of how bad this book was) she falls for the BFF's brother, who has a really weird name which I still have no clue if I'm even pronouncing it right, which is Octavion (I'm pretty sure that's the wrong spelling....). & guess what? He has this HUGE GINORMOS secret which is too HORRIBLE and won't let her in to his SOUL. OH the sadness...-yawn-

What still comes to my attention when I remember this character (whose name I forget...) is that she reminded me of an EVEN WEAKER version of Stephanie Meyer's Twilight star, Bella. At various moments she just cowered and was recoiled into herself. It was a pretty boring read.

I would recommend this book to those of you who are still Twilight fans and love damsil in distress kind of novels. I won't be picking up book 2 of this series even if someone paid me, because, trust me, any amount of money isn't worth that kind of psychological torture.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bound.