Lynsey • The Demon Librarian's Reviews > Kitty and the Silver Bullet

Kitty and the Silver Bullet by Carrie Vaughn

5112089
I thoroughly enjoyed the last book, Kitty Takes a Holiday, with the caveat that although all the shocks and twists entertained me, I didn't actually like one of the plot developments. So I decided to go straight to the next book to see if it was just a temporary place holder, or something more permanent.

Well, it's permanent, and not something I can easily accept. I think Carrie Vaughn has made an epic mistake with her characters. She set up one potential plot line beautifully, then turned you in a completely new direction, with no set up whatsoever, so as a reader you're just like 'you're kidding, right? I mean, seriously, not really. Say it ain't so!'. So much so, that I did what I almost never do, which is to peek ahead at reviews to see how long it lasts. And unfortunately it looks like it's as permanent as permanent gets. So I have actually made the decision at this point not to read any further, which is really sad considering I gave the first four books 4 and 5 star ratings. I just don't think it's good for my health or sanity to read something that's going to annoy me from here on out.

I'm sorry this review is all so very vague. People that have read it will know to what I refer (I hope). And I would never spoil it for those that haven't. Or maybe it just doesn't bother anyone else. Who can say?

But for me, for the moment at least, it's goodbye Kitty. *sadface*

4 Stars! ★★★★

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kitty and the Silver Bullet.

06/07/2012 page 290
89.0% 5 comments

Liz (Bugetta) Wow! You're tearing through the Kitty Norville series. Glad you're enjoying it. Soon you're going to pass me up! :)

Lynsey   • The Demon Librarian I know, they're so quick to read. I took a break for one book, but other than that I've been reading them back to back. I'm waiting for something to happen. Which book are you up to?

Liz (Bugetta) The last one I read was Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand and I took a long break between that one and the one before it. I've started so many new series poor Kitty got left behind!

Trisha Thompson I'm patiently waiting to see what you think of House Of Horrors.. My fave in the series so far.. =D

Liz (Bugetta) I'm pretty sure I know exactly what you're talking about and it's part of the reason I'm not devouring the books anymore. It was a major "Huh? Really?" moment for me too.

Lynsey   • The Demon Librarian Liz wrote: "I'm pretty sure I know exactly what you're talking about and it's part of the reason I'm not devouring the books anymore. It was a major "Huh? Really?" moment for me too."

Yep indeed. I just think it's a crying shame. There was a lot of potential wasted. Maybe I'll come back to it later.