Michelle's Reviews > Dark Places

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn

Jun 18, 12

Read from May 31 to June 18, 2012

I love the idea behind this book. This may sound cruel but who isn't interested in butchered families? You are shocked at the news and interested in all the news coverage. Sometimes it's solved, sometimes not. But you always remember them. If there are survivors you expect to see them years later on Oprah or reading their memoirs. So, following Libby 20+ years after the murders of her family, it's an attention grabber from the start but stack that with the fact she's not someone you really like makes it more fascinating to read. Alternating between what's happening now and what happened then, slowly reveals the true events of that night. I really enjoyed it. And since I have good detective skills I did have an inkling of the murderer early on BUT it was not at all how I imagined it went down. I like that. Overall, a good read and I'm excited to read more from Gillian Flynn.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Places.

Quotes Michelle Liked

Gillian Flynn
“I was not a lovable child, and I'd grown into a deeply unlovable adult. Draw a picture of my soul, and it'd be a scribble with fangs.”
Gillian Flynn, Dark Places