Meghan's Reviews > The Witch of Babylon

The Witch of Babylon by D.J. McIntosh

Jun 04, 2012

liked it
Read from May 31 to June 04, 2012 — I own a copy

When rating The Witch of Babylon, I rated the "Part 1" and "Part 2" completely differently. Part One was immensely boring, with almost "teaser" action, where nothing really happens but a rampage of information that was almost list-like. I was terribly disappointed with this half of the novel that seemed to have so much potential. I would have rated it a generous 1.5/5 stars. Then, like a beacon in the darkness, Part 2 beckoned me to continue. This is where most of the "action" took place and where it got a lot more interesting. This is what convinced me to boost my rating to a 3.5/5 stars, rounding down to a 3/5 due to the seemingly never-ending terrible first half. I do not deny that some parts of the first half were necessary and, as you continue on into the novel, the characters do make sense as to why they were introduced. The writing was enticing enough, just the story fell a little flat. HOWEVER, I say this with quite some enthusiasm, I read the prologue and the first chapter of the second novel in the series, and it piqued my interest. I will most likely be buying the next novel. I just hope that the next novel can reach the 4/5-5/5 rating that I was hoping the novel would have been.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Witch of Babylon.

05/31/2012 page 36