Hot Cute Girly Geek's Reviews > James Potter and the Curse of the Gate Keeper

James Potter and the Curse of the Gate Keeper by G. Norman Lippert

May 31, 12

Read in May, 2012

I read the first book last week. And although I didn’t loved the first book that much I was still intrigued by it, and curious enough to also start on the second novel. And you know what? I liked this one better than the first one, and I’m looking forward to find some time to read number three.

But now about the book. I love it when I book touched my heart enough that I can laugh, curse, hate someone, rooting for another or cry. And this one did. Ok huge spoiler ahead right now, so if you absolutely don’t want to know, stop reading now and read my review after you read the book. STOP READING, HELLO, JUST CLICK ON THE LITTLE X IN THE RIGHT CORNER NOW!!!!

Ok, apparently you read the book, or are stupid and/or curious enough to continue reading. Arthur Weasley is dead. OMG, I cried during this scene. It is so well written and it just sucks you right in to it. I absolutely loved it, and hated Mr. Lippert for a second or two for killing him off. (No hard feelings now, was just me going through the motions, lol)

James returns to school, with Albus, his younger brother and Rose, the daughter of Ron and Hermione. Ralph is also back, but Zane left Hogwarts for the magic school in the US. And we have a surprise guest, Scorpio, Draco Malfoy’s son. Yup, just as Draco, you hate Scorpio in an instant. And another big shock is to find Albus getting into Slytherin and Draco into Gryffindor.

You know, it’s nice to read something not so predictably. I for one believed Albus was a Gryffindor.

The big bad this time is the gatekeeper and his human host. And James really is his father’s son, disobeying rules and doing stuff he isn’t supposed to. Also, as tradition, there is a new defense against the dark arts teacher, but he doesn’t believe in spell for the younger students. And James decides, along with Ralph and Rose to creating yet another dueling club and Scorpio is teaching it.

Hmm, I’m sort of beginning not to hate Scorpio as much. Also funny is the muggle produced play everyone needs to work on, or all students that follow muggle studies anyway. James gets a lead role and its fun to read how a world drowning in magic has to do without it.

So there is the big finally where the human host is discovered, trying to kill Lily, James younger sister and they defeat the gatekeeper. I for one can’t wait for Lily getting into Hogwarts. All ends well…

Not! In the Harry Potter books when everyone returns home, that’s the end. So here’s a surprise I didn’t expected but welcomed very much. It isn’t over. The gatekeeper isn’t completely destroyed and he wants James as his host. And he almost gives in for the promise of returning his grandfather and Sirius. Again, I cried. I hated it that Sirius died in the HP books. It was so unfair, Harry finally finding a family and it’s taken from him. And now he almost came back. But James did the right thing and refused the offer and with the help of Merlin banishing him back to oblivion. Good riddance.

So that’s my review my geeks, oh and before I forget. Merlin is shacking up with Molly Weasley.

I rate it 7.5 out of 10

Love, your hot cute girly geek, Mendy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read James Potter and the Curse of the Gate Keeper.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Mercurial Chemist Another's spoiler here.... Nothing happens between Molly and merlin..... :( yeah Arthur dying was sad really.... But James being able to see those invisible creatures which pulls the carriage (cant get the name of it right now) coz of it was kind of dumb... U see it only when u have witnessed a death not coz of the mourning or sadness... And the confrontation between James with the four founders was really a let down I expected so much... Common slytherin is not just some silly villain and Godric omg there cud have been so much more done there but it was just nothing,,, and in the end voldemort's painting hidden in an old coat and hat??? I don't even know what to say to that.... Voldemort is suppose to be a proud character his pride is one of the reason for his downfall...