Logan's Reviews > A Mango-Shaped Space

A Mango-Shaped Space by Wendy Mass

U 50x66
May 31, 2012

I really enjoyed this book. I thought that it was a good story. I also thought that it was well written and had a good story line. This book was about a girl who saw colors and shapes when she saw letters and heard sounds. Mia was a girl who needed to find who she really was inside.

In the beginning of this book we are introduced to this girl named Mia. She sees colors and shapes when she hears sounds. Mia is trying to figure out who she really is. She feels the only person that really understands her is her cat Mango. Mango brings happiness throughout the book. Then Mango dies. Mia loses her colors. She knows this because her doctor, Jerry, said that if something dramatic happens, she will lose her colors. Mia is sad. After all, Mia had wished all her life that her colors would go away. She wanted to be normal like the other kids. Mia immediately felt empty with out her colors accompanying sounds. Mia is hoping that her colors will come back. When they do, she is very grateful. She now knows to be careful for what she wishes for. She really finds out who she is.

No connection.... read in 4t q

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Mango-Shaped Space.