Gabe Newman's Reviews > Last Shot: A Final Four Mystery

Last Shot by John Feinstein

May 31, 12

bookshelves: 4th-quarter-shelve

I give this book 3/5 stars. It has a lot of mystery. It is a little slow through out the book. But all the events finally come together and the ending is really good. I like mysteries because I enjoy to be suprised. I also like the topic of the final four and basketball. It also has a lot about writing because the steve the main character is a writer and enjoys it. I like writing too and I enjoy making connections with characters I am reading.

This book is about Steve Thomas, a 14 year old writer. Steve and Susan Carol Anderson are winners of the United States Basketball Writing Association writing contest. They both get expensed pay trip to the Final Four. They get to go to every Final Four game. Steve and Carol get to come before the games and walk around in the stadium and interview people. When they are walking around Carol and Steve over hear something that they aren't supposed to here. Carol and Steve have to figure out the scandal that is supposed to unfold. Can Steve and Carol stop them?

This reminds me of the book catching fire because a bunch of unexpected things happen that are tied everything together. This is just like Last Shot. Everything ties together at the end this happens in both books. I enjoyed both books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Shot.