Tiana Dalichov's Reviews > Kindred

Kindred by J.A. Redmerski

Aug 03, 12

Read from July 31 to August 03, 2012

Holy Mother of Everything Awesome! I'm speechless!

Okay, now that I'm over my speechlessness, allow me to express my true reaction to this book: SDFSIDHFSHDSDFS!!!!! Wow! If I thought Mayfair Moon was flawlessly amazing, Kindred doesn't even come close!

Since we all know the characters, I'll spare you the drooling commentary and skip straight to the awesomness. Isaac has me effectively worshipping at his altar at this point. He's so sexy! With no douche bag factor whatsoever! And I love the other side of him we get to see! It's so different from the Isaac we met in The Mayfair Moon, but in a good way!

Adria's and Isaac's relationship is tested in so many ways, and the secrets might be enough to tear them apart. The plot twists kept me reading until one in the morning (that's the time right now I believe) and I couldn't bear to put my Kindle down until I found out what happened.

Loved, loved, LOVED the writing style! It was so conversational, very descriptive. Parts of the novel tended to be slower, but the descriptions and dialogue kept me interested enough to keep reading. And I like that in a novel. When things calm down, it's the writing that keeps me enthralled enough to make it back to the action. It's usually tough for writing to do that for me, so kudos to Jessica for making it happen! :)

This Praverian puzzle is getting bigger by the second, too! Jessica has answered some of my most pressing questions, but raised enough for me to be freaking out on the inside wondering what's going to happen next! Seriously, there were parts in the book where I was squealing and shouting, "No way!!!" at my Kindle screen.

There's still so much unexplained!! It's going to drive me crazy having to wait until December to finally understand everything. Sort of sad that the Trilogy is almost over :( But SO ready to dive in and find out how it ends! :)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kindred.