Isa's Reviews > First Lord's Fury

First Lord's Fury by Jim Butcher

May 31, 12

Read in May, 2012

** spoiler alert ** This is the final book in the Codex Alera series and for me this book, as well as the series as a whole, delivered. The Characters are fun, brave, and smart with a crazy magic world to run around in.

A minor point of dissapointment for me (but it still earns 5 stars):
I really love the aspect of this book that makes it a future part of our own history and peoples. I thought that the ruins at Appia and other such references to our own time would be more thoroughly discussed in this book BUT after reading more on this (thank you Google) I see that it was completely explained, it was just that I expected MY explanation, not Jim Butchers'. I somehow expected that this whole world was on our own planet, fast forward many many years. I thought the ruins at Appia were going to turn out to be Rome. I was looking forward to a fun sci-fi twist on a fantasy series explaining how the canim, marat, ice men, etc came to be and perhaps even a discovery of what happened to "modern" society after roman times but before Aleran times. Perhaps our structures did not last as well as the ancient stone buildings and so were lost to a tumultuous period? Was it just me, or did anyone else hope for something like that?

2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Lord's Fury.