Katie's Reviews > For Darkness Shows the Stars

For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund

May 31, 12

bookshelves: arc-s, i-own-a-copy, likeable-ya-protagonists
Read in May, 2012 — I own a copy

I won an ARC of this book. I really enjoyed this story, it was well written and I loved the idea of a backwards dystopian world where the world's technology actually lessens. Elliot was actually one of the best protagonists in the books I've read recently because she was strong and intelligent without being obnoxious or an over the top boy hating feminist.

My only complaints about this story is that I didn't like how suddenly Elliot made her decision and the end of the book, it felt rushed and extremely out of character. I also really wish that the author would have touched more on the Reduced. I feel like they were hinting at them being more intelligent than they were treated but they never fully explained this.

Overall, I would suggest this book to anyone who likes sci-fi and dystopian novels or someone who just wants to get started in those genres. It's definitely worth reading and I'll be looking forward to checking out any other books Diana Peterfreund publishes! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For Darkness Shows the Stars.