Lucia The Loyal Book's Reviews > Auracle

Auracle by Gina Rosati

Nov 01, 12

Read from May 31 to June 03, 2012

Auracle is the debut novel of Gina Rosati and it made sure I will continue reading whatever this author s going to write. It was such a lovely and entertaining reading that I couldn't put it down and had to read it in one sitting. What can I say? The book is just adorable: even if I knew that Anna was going to get into trouble for her astral projection ability, I loved the way Gina described it and I wasn't disappointed. I probably would have liked to know a little bit more about Anna's gift,as we get to see that by the end of the book she learns to do some really cool stuff, but the real focus of the story was Anna trying to get back her body and her relationship with Rei and her power is a tool to this end.

The story is told from Anna's POV and we get to know this nice girl, who likes to spend time with her bestfriend Rei and who has a drunk dad and a kind of absent mum. Rei and Anna have been friends since they were children and Rei takes care of Anna, looks after her and is always worried about her. I really loved their relationship and I wish everybody could have a friend like Rei, so loving, caring and understanding, smart and ironic without being arrogant (Gina, please, send a Rei my way). Both Anna and Rei felt very real to me, even if Rei is almost too perfect (or I am just envious and I want him, lol). Rei's mother, on the other hand, seemed nice but I didn't like the way she pushed her son and all her stupid rules. Taylor, the girl taking over Anna's body, was the mean girl of the story, rich and spoiled, who's the cause of her own death. I undestand her rage about her premature death and her desire to hold on to life, but it was kind of hard to connect with her.

In conclusion, I really liked Auracle and enjoyed it very much; there is a little bit of everything, from romance to friendship, with a touch of paranomal to complete the mix and it was just perfect for summer! I would absolutely recommend it.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Auracle.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Aras Redan Did you read it on a Kindle?

Lucia  The Loyal Book nope, I got an ARC of the book at the Bologna Children's Book Fair in Italy

Aras Redan Damn. I can't order it on Borders because apparently it isn't published yet when it obviously is. It's upsetting.

Lucia  The Loyal Book No, don't worry, it's not published yet. It's going to be released on August, 7th

Aras Redan Haha. Ah well More waiting for me. Well thanks! And thanks for your review, you've made me very excited for the book!