Mal's Reviews > Saving CeeCee Honeycutt

F_50x66
Jun 11, 12

bookshelves: some-favorites
Read from May 31 to June 11, 2012

I really enjoyed this book. I was thinking about how stingy I am with my 5-star ratings, and wondered if I should give this one. Then I thought, "Would I go out of my way to encourage people to read this book? Probably not." So 4 stars it is.

I saw a couple of negative-ish reviews before I finished it, and they got me thinking. I listened to the audio book, which was read with charming Southern accents. I have recently read a couple of horribly-written and dry books, so the lovely descriptions were a nice breath of fresh air. I enjoyed CeeCee's innocent take on everything. I enjoyed "reading" about Savannah (I still haven't been, but hope to go someday) and I enjoyed remembering why I love the South. I wondered if those that didn't like it as much as I did are perhaps less enamored with the region than I am.

To those that said it's too young of a book I would say that I think it's a perfect rendering of how a 12-year old girl in the 1960's would see things. I think it's a point of view worth reading. I loved this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving CeeCee Honeycutt.

dateDown_arrow    newest »