Farah Jay's Reviews > Surrender

6521946
May 31, 2012

liked it
Read in July, 2012

After I finished reading Possession, which is the first book of the series, I was so very excited to see what happens next. I loved Vi and Jag, and I just wanted MORE of them. When I read the synopsis and found out that the main characters are different, I'm going to have to admit that I was kind of upset. I loved Vi and Jag! I know they had a tiny part and were still characters in the book, but I really wanted the story to be about them again. Even though I was upset and all, I was still excited about starting this book.
When I started Surrender. It was good. I know a lot of people said this book was much better than the first one, but I have to disagree. I also admit it wasn't that much of a page turner, and I don't know if that was because of the book or because I was in a reading slump, but it didn't grab my attention like Possession. The main protagonist, Raine, was not as unique as Vi. If I had to compare both characters, I would choose Vi. I felt like Raine was a bit weak, and she just annoyed me a bit at some parts. The main male protagonist, Gunner, wasn't that bad. I don't know if I was constantly comparing them to Vi and Jag, but Raine and Gunner aren't high on my favorite characters list, but they were enjoyable to read about in the end.
What was really different about Surrender in comparison to Possession was how the book dragged in the middle. While I enjoyed the first part of the book, the middle felt really long and boring. There were many unnecessary parts that didn't really grab my attention. All the tech details were very confusing to me, and hard as well to picture. I felt there was nothing major happening in the story. Thinking about it now, I feel like I can summarize it pretty easily.
With all that talk, you probably think I didn't enjoy Surrender, but honestly it was good. Did I tell you about the ending? Now that was one hell of an ending. I just love all of Elana's endings. They always make me hungry for more, and now I really cannot wait for the third book of the trilogy. I hope it's going to be as amazing as the first book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Surrender.

06/28/2012 page 50