Kris's Reviews > Hard Target

Hard Target by Alan Jacobson

May 30, 12

Read in May, 2012

Well, when I heard that Alan Jacobson is coming out with a new book, I went back to re-read his previous Karen Vail series. But then, I was disappointed to learn that the new book will not be a typical Karen Vail book, although she does make an appearance.=) Regardless, I was super excited to start reading Hard Target. And I could not put the book down the next two days, ended up finishing it at 3am the 2nd day. What a story!!! AJ always manages to introduce so much new information, without making you feel like you're reading some sort of cop/FBI manual, and at the same time, captures your full attention with non-stop actions and twists and turns. He did again with Hard Target, and he did it REALLY REALLY GOOD. It was an extremely entertaining and intellectually-stimulating read that you actually want to read it again from the beginning right after you finish it, which is what I'm doing now - which is rare for thrillers, because you already know the ending, but this one is different!! =) And it's still so good the second time around, and as many thriller-readers would know, you find details you've missed the first time around, and I'm really attached to the characters now. I love how the scale was so much bigger than AJ's other books and the fact that he still managed to keep the story focused on core characters. Alan, seriously, cannot wait for the next one!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard Target.