Ellen 's Reviews > Blood of Anteros

Blood of Anteros by Georgia Cates

Aug 16, 12

bookshelves: blog-tours, favorites
Read in August, 2012

Let me begin by saying I am a huge Georgia Cates fan. I absolutely fell in love with her contemporary romance, Going Under, and decided to read Blood of Anteros, her paranormal romance, and true to form, Georgia did not disappoint in delivering an outstanding story. Curry Brennan is a vampire, and he is not very happy about it. Taken and turned against his will, he has been held captive by his evil sire Marsla for over 100 years. After years of bondage a supernatural event takes place that frees him from his bonds. He meets a new mentor, who helps him learn a new way of life, a life that enables him not to give in to the monster inside himself. Twenty-one years after this event, he returns to his family home and there meets Chansey Leclaire. Try as he may, he can't stay away from her. Fate and the gods have other plans for both Curry and Chansey, but will the choice between mortality and immortality as what Curry believes is a monster be more than he can bear, or will he finally embrace his Agape and the fate the Gods have ordained?

I loved this story. It is told from Curry's point of view. I love the historical feel mixed with the modern romance. Yes, this is vampire story, but it is also a wonderful romance, with some mythology in the mix. I absolutely adored Curry. I felt so bad for what he had to go through, and also wanted him to experience love and joy, and he's so hot, even though he doesn't realize it. I loved the way he desired to protect Chansey and how he was willing to sacrifice anything and everything because of his love for her. I really liked Chansey also. She is fun, very strong-willed, and very passionate in her beliefs. She knows what she wants and she knows what she was created for, and she embraces that. I especially like Solomn. He brought quite a bit of humor to the story. All the characters were so interesting and enjoyable to get to know. I love the way the story progressed and the plot was great. I enjoyed Georgia's perspective on vampires in general and found it quite refreshing. I especially liked the way the book ended. It is the first in a series, but it ended well, leaving you satisfied, yet still wanting more. This is a great book and if you enjoy vampires stories and paranormal romance, this is book you should check out.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood of Anteros.