Maria's Reviews > The Dark Is Rising Sequence

The Dark Is Rising Sequence by Susan Cooper

Jul 23, 07

bookshelves: alltimefavourites
Read in November, 1990

Long before there was Harry Potter, there was Will Stanton.

Again, my aunt Michele (who is probably barely talking to me just now, apologies again) was the wonderful person who gave me this book. She gave it to me for my 11th birthday, and someone else gave me scented pillows, and I can still smell those pillows everytime I opened the book. Sadly, my copy has finally disintegrated, so I shall have to replace it again before Christmas of this year.

This book is wonderful - magic, mystery, great baddies (who would win - The Dark Rider v Voldemort)and a series of books that enthral me even now.

If you like Harry Potter - you will love this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Is Rising Sequence.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Michele Me not talk......impossible. The funny thing is I haven't read this myself but have often wanted to. So many books so little time. Must do so before the film comes out.

Michele What I want to know, now that you have a replacement copy, is whether you have finally disposed of your old copy? I can see me retaining it e.g I stll have the original copy of Sawllows and Amazons that mum gave me in 1973 and do not wish to part despite having two newer copies of the same thing, all be it a different cover. Books they take you over!~

Maria Do you know - I still have the original copy. The only book I ever wrote my name inside - Maria Tracey. Will definitely keep it - probably should go into my box!!