Jolene Perry's Reviews > Spill Over

Spill Over by Jolene Perry

May 31, 12

bookshelves: stuff-i-wrote

I've spent a lot of time sailing on the ocean, and felt like it HAD to be part of one of my books. I adore Antony to pieces, but being on a sailboat for him wasn't nearly as fun as it is for me.

I'll just do my quote thing:

I know what to do with girls who smile through thick lashes and bit their lip. I don't know what to do with girls who wear running shoes, faded jeans, and read on kindles.

"Please call me later on, okay?" I ask. I'm completely pathetic. Just like a girl. Please call me, don't forget. Bats lashes. And as she steps into the still night, I start to get it. She knows I think like this. She can see through me, and it scares her. Maybe I'm just an incurable asshole, which really sucks, 'cause I've always thought of myself as one of the nice guys.

I stare at my shoes in the sand and don't answer. I've already let this girl in on way too much, which means I'm hurting too much. Something's gotta give or I'm going to break apart.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spill Over.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lacey (new) - added it

Lacey What?! I just love discovering new books from you...Eeekk, you made me one happy girl :)

message 2: by Jolene (new) - added it

Jolene Perry Awesome!

I love this story, and it's been neglected for far too long, lol

Juhina Hey Jolene, is this a YA title?

message 4: by Jolene (new) - added it

Jolene Perry Yes it is :-D You want a copy in exchange for a review??
Maybe do a giveaway??

Jo

Juhina Jolene wrote: "Yes it is :-D You want a copy in exchange for a review??
Maybe do a giveaway??

Jo"

ooh totally adding it to the TBR. Yes for the review copy because I'd love to review it! as for the giveaway. I'm thinking adding that for your interview at the book talk event? But if you want it separate then thats fine. Is After All also YA? (I'm asking because I want to spotlight all your YA titles for the event).

message 6: by Jolene (new) - added it

Jolene Perry After All is half told from the POV of a fifteen year old, and half from the POV of a 25 year old who just graduated from college.

Up to you on that one ;-D

Yes. Let's do a giveaway of some sort - maybe an ebook of Spill Over since I don't have paperbacks yet, and a paperback of Night Sky? One of my proof copies?
So -it would be an ARC of Night SKy even though the book is out in paperback?

Does that sound good?

Juhina Jolene wrote: "After All is half told from the POV of a fifteen year old, and half from the POV of a 25 year old who just graduated from college.

Up to you on that one ;-D

Yes. Let's do a giveaway of some sort ..."

Yes that would be fantastic! An ARC of Night Sky and ebook of Spill Over is perfect!

Thanks so much!!