Angela's Reviews > Wonder

Wonder by R.J. Palacio

Jun 01, 12

bookshelves: rogue-books
Read from May 30 to June 01, 2012

Maybe 5 stars. Without a doubt a book I will never forget, and honestly? I am relatively sure that everyone, everywhere needs to read this book. It's poignant without being preachy, and the author made excellent choices in the way that she (accurately) depicted middle school, high school,friendships, and all the social politics therein. Beautiful. Hard to read at times (broke my heart, especially as a Mom), but beautiful.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wonder.

05/30/2012
12.0% "Jeeeeez. This book makes my Mommy-Heart all tender and weepy. "what's cool about really little kids is that they don't say stuff to try to hurt your feelings, even though sometimes they *do* say stuff that hurts your feelings.""
05/30/2012
20.0% "Oh, sweet sweet August. :heart breaks:"
05/31/2012
43.0% "It's funny. This book reads very easily, but it seems that, at every turn, it's making my heart hurt in one way or another. I have also enjoyed the way the POVs have switched."
05/31/2012
65.0% "Justin's was arguably the most surprising POV switch thus far, for me. The author is really smart, though, using these varied narrators. This book is an amazingly accurate depiction of life in middle school and high school, and I love that the narrators actually sound their age w/out it being irritation (like ROOM's narration was for me). I just want to hug everybody."