Cyril Embil's Reviews > American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History

American Sniper by Chris Kyle

May 30, 2012

This is an AUTOBIOGRAPHY!!! Not a tell-all book about the SEALS and all their secrets, so if that is what you're expecting, please find a book by a SEAL washout looking to say more than he knows.

That being said, I found the book very interesting. Real yet funny. The sart of the book, especially, the introduction, is very tourgh to read. I felt the author was barking at me. That was until I realized that information in the military is given in factual, hard-hitting, short bursts of sentences, not the long droning lectures that I'm used to. This realization made the book even funnier. What I love is the fact that he includeds passages written by his wife so as to provide the point of view of the SEAL wife. I also like the fact that he takes time to discuss some of the items and weapons he used in various missions and why he chose them.

I loved the book. If you're used to Longfellow and Plato, this is not the book for you. Grab it anyway, it's a good read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read American Sniper.