Aestas Book Blog's Reviews > Easy

Easy by Tammara Webber

Jul 01, 12

liked it
Read from June 29 to July 01, 2012

Le sigh.... I wanted to love this book. I really did. But the characters frustrated me to no end. I did however, love Lucas and Jacqueline - the parts of the book where they were actually interacting were by far the highlights of the story for me.

The hero and heroine just did not make what I'd call smart relationship decisions. I was really rooting for them and they WERE utterly adorable together, but they just didn't seem to be very functional for a vast majority of the book.

I felt like they kept making the wrong calls - not choosing the smart, functional path. I really just wanted yell at them... No, don't ignore her. No, don't play games with him. No, don't go to your ex's house. No, don't lie to her. No, the solution is not that 'we can't be together'. No, don't be passive when you know he's hiding something, call him on it. And just tell each other how you feel!!!!

They spent so much of the book ignoring each other! Gah! They'd interact, then go days without speaking, then interact again, go back to ignoring, or deciding things wouldn't work out, then talk again, then ignore more... sigh. It got frustrating. There was a lot of stupidy. A lot of 'hot-cold'. Kinda made me want to bang my head against a wall and then just lock them both in a room together until they communicated more.

I basically felt it would have been very easy to have avoided most of the problems and angst of this book by simple communication.

This being said, I didn't dislike the book at all, there were definitely good parts to it and it did keep my attention.

I really did love Lucas - what a gorgeous tortured character! I was totally swooning over him! As the best friend said, "Holy fuckburgers. Who was that hot guy?" lol. He was so respectful, so protective, and quite the gentleman while still being a total kick ass, tattooed and pierced bad boy college hottie.

Jacqueline though... I was kind of on the fence about her. I didn't like how she played games with Lucas in the beginning, or would ignore him for days on end (SO frustrating!). But she wasn't a bad heroine, I just didn't really connect with her or agree with her decisions always.

And I absolutely loved Lucas and Jacqueline together - when they weren't ignoring each other, they were a seriously CUTE couple!! They had great dialogue, swoony interactions and some very steamy moments!

And let me tell you, Ms Weber can write one helluva hot kiss! Seriously!

"I pressed against him and he groaned into my mouth and wrenched his mouth from mine, breathing raggedly. "I have to go now, or I'm not going."

Honestly though, if it wasn't for how much I liked the parts where Lucas and Jacqueline were actually together, I might have put the book down. I felt I was reading only to get to those parts.

Here's how I see Lucas and Jacqueline:

55 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Easy.

06/29/2012
3.0% "Well that was quite the entrance!"
06/29/2012
28.0% "He wants to "sketch" her, huh? Code much? :)"
06/29/2012
30.0% " i pressed against him and he groaned into my mouth and he wrenched his mouth from mine, breathing raggedly. "I have to go now, or I'm not going."

Option b! Option b!!" 5 comments
Option b! Option B!!" 12 comments
06/29/2012
57.0% "I think I'm gonna have to finish this tomorrow cuz its getting late. I'm a little frustrated with it. The hero/heroine aren't making what I'd call smart relationship decisions. I'm really rooting strongly for them. They are adorable together. But outside of the bedroom, they just don't seem to be very functional. We'll see. I hope there is a turning point for them soon." 7 comments
68.0% ""Stop." what? No! No stopping, dammit" 2 comments
06/30/2012
90.0% "Really?? That sounds like a GOOD idea? Sigh."
06/30/2012
99.0% "Finished. Review coming..."

message 1: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ YAY!

Aestas Book Blog Lol. I jumped on the bandwagon. I have to know what everyone keeps talking about!

message 3: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ I'll let you know tomorrow ;)

Aestas Book Blog Perfect!! I'm happy that you are reading it first :)

message 5: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ So I can give you warnings for your pet peeves you mean? ;)

Aestas Book Blog Hahahaa exaaaaactly!!! *grins*

message 7: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ Glad to be of assistance :)

NikaWins Grrrreat:)!

Jessica Viteri One of my FAVORITE books. I LOVED it. And the heroine didn't drive me nuts either ;)

Aestas Book Blog Yay! I'm so glad to hear that! I can't wait to start it tonight :))

Dominique favorite!!!

Alexis *Reality Bites* So glad your starting this:) Enjoy!!!

message 13: by Aestas Book Blog (last edited Jun 29, 2012 02:00PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aestas Book Blog aaaa you guys are making me so excited to start this!! :D

Tammy  (Reviews by Tammy & Kim) Oh I think you will totally enjoy this one..:)

message 15: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria Ruh Roh Shaggy, I bought this when it came out and still haven't read it, now I'm thinking it might not be for me. :(

Aestas Book Blog Yeah... there are plenty of other books I'd say to read first ... It's really too bad, I was so hoping I'd love this!

message 17: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria Amen Sister!!! Well now you need something Amazing!!

Aestas Book Blog Yes!!!! I'm gonna read Once Burned tonight after watching a movie :) I'm hoping Vlad will bring back the win :p

message 19: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria Yayyyyy, me too as soon as I finish this Mess Avoiding Commitment I'm gonna start Once Burned!!

message 20: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ YAY!! Vlad for the win!!

message 21: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria Definitley Vlad for the Win!! Team Vlad all the way!!

message 22: by Aestas Book Blog (last edited Jun 30, 2012 08:05PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aestas Book Blog Woohooo! Now I'm all stoked to start it! Starting movie now so I should be settling down with Vlad in about 2 hours or so :))

message 23: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria Awesome Buddy Read!!!

Aestas Book Blog :)) yay!

The movie is being glitchy... We are away from home and so not watching on our tv so we tried to download it off iTunes but it's all out of sync. Not what I need right now! I want to get to Vlad sooner rather than later!

message 25: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria That's a Bummer:( What are you watching??

Aestas Book Blog Tryyyyying to watch Sherlock Holmes 2 but the dialogue is totally out of sync with the visuals .... URGH!!! Might just give up and read:/

message 27: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria That Sucks, we just watched that the other night it was pretty good, I liked the first one better!!

Don't feel bad though cause I'm about to chuck my iPad in the street cause this book I'm reading is Driving me Bat Shit Crazy!!

Aestas Book Blog What are you reading again?

message 29: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria Avoiding Commitment by K.A. Linde..................

Aestas Book Blog Hmmm ... Not to be pre-judgy or anything but based on the title, I'm not sure that sounds like a book I'd like...

I think I'm gonna start with Vlad now. Movie way too glitchy to watch :/

message 31: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria Ohhhhhhhh Please be Pre-Judgey all you want, this book is NUTS!!

message 32: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ Oh really? I downloaded last night, and was keen to start it some time next week. I was thinking it was going to be like The Opportunist in that you want to smash whatever ereader it is that you're using, and I don't mind that occasionally. Is it really bad?

message 33: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria You know I saw a lot of people comparing it to Thoughtless and Effortless and this book doesn't even compare to those two Gems, this book to me is a F**KING Tragedy. I'm all about Drama but this is wayyyyy to much for me.

message 34: by Aestas Book Blog (last edited Jun 30, 2012 09:16PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aestas Book Blog Hmmmmm... Is it really all about avoiding commitment... Like literally?

(lol about the smashing ereaders :p)

message 35: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria Ohhhhhhh Yeah, it's about 2 people F**king each other over and over again and I mean Literally!!

message 36: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ Wow, I'm really torn now! Unlike some *nudge to Aestas* I don't mind a bit of drama and dysfunctionality, but this sounds like it could be beyond my limits. Are you going to finish it? I'm keen to see what you think when you get to the end.

message 37: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria Oh I'm finishing it if it kills me, I'm almost done. AJ you might like it and it was Free so you might have to check it out all my other GR Friends Loved it!!

Aestas Book Blog Ack! Ack! Ack!!!! *runs away* Sooooooo not my kind of read! Yikes *shudder*

message 39: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria Yeah Aestas you might need to leave this one alone!!

message 40: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ So..... no sequel for you then?

message 41: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria Ummmmmmmmmmmm maybe later on after I'm done being Pissed Off at these two characters!!

message 42: by Leea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leea Sorry you didn't like it!

Aestas Book Blog I kno wit may seem that way but I didn't fully not like it. Just was very frustrated by it. Lucas was awesome though :)

Nancy Fornataro I agree, and you are much more articulate than I am in your review!! They were very good as a couple, and I loved that particular quote!!

Rebecca Berto Ow ... I've read this book 2 or 3 times. It was my introduction to new adult contemporary romance. :)

I get what you mean about the "No, don't ignore her. No, don't play games with him. No, don't go to your ex's house. No, don't lie to her" stuff, but I couldn't imagine it being straight forward between them. It started off as a lie and once you go down that path, it's incredibly hard to be honest.

Great review, though!

Aestas Book Blog thank you! :)

message 47: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn wow, did we read the same book? :) i liked that it developed slowly and not a FAST FRENZY like other books. Author actually showed the characters having a real life and responsibilities. Sometimes books seem to forget that people do work, have jobs,etc.

message 48: by Nins (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nins Hey Lucas' NACrushTourney match is today. Head over to NA Alley to vote

Here's the link direct to Lucas' match http://bit.ly/19Q05dG

I loved the book. Lucas is not your typical tattoed badboy millionaire who likes to fight (not that i dont like those) but he's more real to me.

I hate Jaqueline,,cause i want Lucas for myself haha