Hannah's Reviews > The First Days

The First Days by Rhiannon Frater

May 30, 12

bookshelves: amazing
Read in May, 2012

I ordered this book after reading it's reviews and let's just say it was the best decision I've made in a long time. The book arrived last Thursday and I was looking forward to a good read after work. Unfortunately, my mother managed to steal the book leaving me wait rather impatiently for three whole days while she read it first.

What can I say, I absolutely fell in love with the book. I can guarantee you that if you happen to spot this book in your local shop and read the first page there and then you WILL be running to the till with it. The best book opener I've ever seen, it gets you hooked instantly. I don't recall ever seeing any other books or films doing anything near what Frater did there but I'm so glad she did.

Jenni has to be my favorite character and I love watching her develop as the story progresses. Her character just constantly seems to evolve. I really do like Katie too but I feel that there is more of her to be seen (hopefully in the next two books). Nerit is also a great character to watch out for and I hope to see a lot more from her in the next two books.

Frater, I feel, has also distinguished herself from other authors as she is already focusing on the characters rebuilding their own community and the struggles that they are going to in order to survive. It felt to me like the characters were real, if there were to ever be a Zombie Apocalypse that is, and didn't go all Chuck Norris on them :p

The next two booked should be arriving in the post tomorrow so I will be waiting patiently by the door.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The First Days.