Bookworm's Reviews > Nadia Knows Best

Nadia Knows Best by Jill Mansell

Jun 01, 12

Read in May, 2012

Oh my goodness! If I had to use one word to describe Nadia Knows Best it would be delightful. I settled in to read this book and I was instantly swept away.

First off, I enjoy a fun romance and it was delivered in spades in this book. Secondly, I'm generally fascinated by all things British, so this was a no brainer. I enjoyed the setting and reading the different turn of words and phrases.
Crikey. I enjoyed reading about this funky lot. <- Is that British slang? Or just nonsense from a Jersey girl? lol

The book blurb makes it seem like this book is just about Nadia and Jay, but it isn't. Also in the plot are Nadia's family members. As supporting characters, Nadia's grandmom Miriam, her sisters Clare and Tilly, and her father James all have a story to share.
This book reminded me a bit of the British romantic comedy Love Actually, where different sets of couples are showcased.

Author Jill Mansell writes a great mix of humor and romance and I read most of this book with a smile on my face. The characters are well developed, the story is well written and the plot is interesting. There's things going on with these characters that has you wondering as you read and keeps you eager to find out more.

Highly recommended if you enjoy British chic lit and romance. I think fans of Bridget Jones's Diary and Love Actually would enjoy this one.

Nadia Knows Best is just what I expect from good Chick lit; there's humor, insightful quotes and romance. What more can you want in a book?

read my full review here
2 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nadia Knows Best.