Amy's Reviews > 77 Shadow Street

77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz

May 30, 12

Read from May 12 to 15, 2012

Wow. This book is classic Dean Koontz - very scary! His creatures are some of the scariest in any book I've read. The action starts on the first page and is unrelentless until the final page. After closing this book for the last time, I had to let out a huge breath that it felt like I'd been holding since I started the book 2 days previously! Definitely not the type of book that you want to read in dark house alone at night.

There were a few things that kept me from rating this as a perfect book though - for one, because the action started right away, we never really got to know the characters all that well, and in some instances this meant that it was hard to care about them and whether they made it or not. A little more character development in the beginning, would have made the rest of the book that much more un-put-downable because you'd actual care about the characters and be rooting for them to make it.

Also, I didn't care for the fact that we find out who the culprit is so quickly in the beginning -- I think it would have been much scarier to have to glean that information piece by piece throughout the book.

All in all, though, if you're a fan of scary books and you like Dean Koontz -- this book is highly recommended!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 77 Shadow Street.