McKenna's Reviews > Seeds of Discovery

Seeds of Discovery by Breeana Puttroff

Jun 17, 12

Read from May 30 to June 02, 2012

Originally reviewed here

First off, the cover. After viewing the cover of the Kindle and print versions, I have decided that the Kindle cover is a million times better. I will say that I did not imagine the castle to look quite like that, nor did I picture Quinn to look like that. Otherwise, I think the cover is OK.

I really did enjoy getting to know Quinn. Besides the fact that I love her name, I found her to be an extremely relateable teenager. I love her sense of curiosity. It reminds me a lot of me. One thing I did miss about her was the fact the she lacked a romantic interest. Yes, I know not every book needs romance, but I felt like Quinn could have used someone like William or Thomas (William's brother) to keep her company.

Even though the book started off a bit slow, it quickly caught my attention when Quinn landed in Williams home town/magical kingdom. She soon must help William to cure a mysterious disease plaguing the children of his village. I LOVE how this book tied in both fantasy and medical mystery elements.

I do think that the book ended a bit oddly. It was not quite a cliff-hanger, yet not quite a conclusion to the book. It just kind of ended abruptly with no rhyme or reason. Maybe the author is going to continue the next book right where this book left off? I'm not really sure. I guess I will have to buy book two and see for myself.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book! I will for sure continue reading this series to find out more about Quinn and William.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seeds of Discovery.