dot's Reviews > Seven Day Loan

Seven Day Loan by Tiffany Reisz

May 30, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: smut

Seven Day Loan is a short story about a submissive (Eleanor) who is “lent” for a week by her Dom to a friend (Daniel): a grief-stricken Dom who put his life on hold when his wife/sub died three years before the story begins.

It’s very well written. The characters are vividly drawn and believably human. So believable, in fact, that I couldn’t believe that a character as obviously smart as Eleanor didn’t know that the northern and southern hemispheres have opposite seasons. I may be too focused on details, but it yanked me out of the story.

The D/s relationship is obviously a major element of the story; Eleanor and Daniel wouldn’t be together otherwise. But BDSM isn’t my thing, so it was a relief when not every sex scene involved bondage or flogging, and I can say that those sex scenes are hot.

I won’t ding the author for my erotica preferences; I knew what I was getting into when I downloaded this story. Ms. Reisz can flat out write, and if she ever writes a full-length novel without a BDSM element, I will absolutely read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seven Day Loan.