Katrina's Reviews > Sprite

Sprite by Leigh Michael

Jun 25, 12

Read in June, 2012

3 1/2 stars

Sprite was definitely new and refreshing for me. Normally I’m into Vampires and werewolves and all things that go bump in the night. But I enjoyed Leigh’s story of Merman, Sprites, and many underwater creatures she has put forth. Even the mythology was intriguing.

She has certainly not held back on the vivid detail in which she has included in her story. Giving the reader step by step detail into the underwater world in which she has created.

Annabelle's goes from being a normal human being to someone she never thought possible. I found that She adapted very well, and moved on with life with no real heart ache or anxiety. I’d like to have seen a little more saddness mabye - after leaving her family behind to live a life she never knew existed. Being pulled from one world to another is just not an everyday occurance.

The storyline was very imaginative - being able to do so much underwater - some of it came across as very unreal. But saying this it is a fantasy story filled with a lot of great ideas and imagination on Leigh's behalf.

An ending I’m sure you will be wandering about, I eagerly look forward to book two to see which direction Leigh takes us. Only a short read easily read in one sitting. I’m sure the creativeness in this story alone will have your interest piqued. It’s very ya, ideal for anyone over the age of 13 and also for all those adults who love a fantasy story containing Mythology and underwater creatures of many kinds.

Characters I’m sure you will enjoy. I found Annabelle a little too eager to accept her new world. I’d like to have seen more turmoil with her new found life and abilities. Otherwise a likable character. The prince I found was sweet and witty .

Overall. I Recommend this to all. A great change to what is currently being shelved at the moment. Its filled with great imagination and an array of well thought out descriptions giving us an underwater world we can see through a looking glass.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sprite.

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Kat,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review my debut novel. I truly appreciate your thoughts, feedback, and kind words. Annabelle's ease of acceptance is something I've heard a few times as a concern and I've since sought out to remedy it. Thanks to insightful reviewers like yourself, I'm pleased to offer readers an improved version of Sprite.

Best wishes,

Leigh

Katrina Leigh ,
I will be placing your review on my blog very soon ;)