CaroleDee's Reviews > The Lady Is a Vamp

The Lady Is a Vamp by Lynsay Sands

Jul 28, 12

I really think Lynsay Sands is getting back in the swing of things with her latest, The Lady is Vamp. I'll be honest and admit the last few didn't spark my interest like the first few in the series and I was starting to get a little worried. Well, let me tell you Ms. Sands brought it back and in a big way. The characters were highly enjoyable and the story line brought a sense of 'reality' to the fantasy land of vampires.

What wouldn't we do to ensure the survival of our children?

Paul Jones is in that exact dilemma. While working at Argeneau Enterprises he's introduce to the world of the immortal. They don't get sick and live forever. When he first finds out it's nothing more than scientific curiosity that gets sparked but when his daughter is diagnosed with a life-threatening brain tumor he knows what he has to do. Even if that means forcing someone to change his daugher.

Jeanne Louise doesn't know what to expect when she wakes chained to a bed, but it sure wasn't being greeted by a man that she can't read. And those of you familiar with the Argeneau clan know what that means. YEP! It's life mate-time. But Jeanne Louise has more than just being kidnapped to deal with. Paul is a widower which leaves her in the challenging position of competed against a ghost in the love department, not to mention that pesky rule about only being allowed to turn one human in her lifetime. Knowing Paul will never agree to give up his daughter, Jeanne Louise has to come up with a solution and FAST. The enforcers know that she's been kidnapped and they aren't taking too nicely to the fact that a mortal has taken one of their own.
Make man fall in love
Save daughter
Outrun enforcers
Sounds easy enough...............right?

I greatly enjoyed The Lady is a Vamp. I know a lot of hardcore romance readers are put-off by children in books, but I found Livy's character adorable and endearing. Jeanne Louise has spent the last 100 years without a 'real' family so I think an insta-famly of Livy and Paul make her happily ever after that much better :) If you're looking to indulgence yourself with some sweet and sexy check it out.

*Even if you haven't read the previous installments in the Argeneau series I feel that you can still enjoy The Lady is Vamp. There are appearances of characters and family members from previous books, but nothing so involved that you'll find yourself lost.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lady Is a Vamp.