Marybeth (Manhattan Reader)'s Reviews > Dreamfever

Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning

May 31, 12

bookshelves: i-own, favorites
Read from May 29 to 31, 2012

I am officially going to marry Jericho Barrons. Just to let everyone know.

This book series is getting better and better. Things have finally blown out of proportion as the walls between Fae and Man finally collapsed, and the world is in disaster. And things for Mac aren't very good either as she falls into the hands of the Fae that threaten to take away her very sanity.

But with the help of the wonderful Barrons, who is in every way an annoying, oaf who needs to bring his arrogant level down a few notches, Mac is able to come back stronger.

From her encounters with the sidhe-seers to the Lord Master, Mac is faced with opposition on all sides. And to make matters worse the Sinsar Dubh is most likely after her as well, which makes Mac target number one for the Unseelie.

I think I liked this book a lot better than the other books. Mac is comes out stronger with each bullet that gets thrown her way; she came from being the pink-wearing-Southern-girl to the kick-ass-leather-wearing-Fae-killing-sidhe-seer. And Barrons, I just felt goosebumps running up and down my arms. A little more of him is revealed in this book, as well as his feud with V'lane, which I think is pretty awesome. Though, I don't know if we'll ever find out what he is in this book series, this darker, sexier side of him just made me want to go at him.

And the ending! I swear, Moning just wants to torture her readers. Moning and cliffhangers are best friends it seems, because she always ends her book leaving the readers wanting more. My head was just spinning with everything that was happening.

This is by far the most exciting book I have read and I can't wait to read the next book. And the best part, after the next book word around the street is that two more books set in this world will be out, plus a trilogy on Dani! Who, by the way, whenever she came into the scene I just wanted to tell this girl to go to the park and play on the swing and chill out. I mean, I could not believe she was only thirteen.

Overall, this series is getting better and better. Some awesome developments are happening and so far not one book is used as a "bridge", or just a book that has no value to the series aside from connecting one book to the next book. And this makes me happy and tells me what an amazing author Moning is.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreamfever.

05/30/2012 page 224
58.0% "Oh Lord, someone call the fire department. Things are getting so heat I'm afraid of this book bursting to flames in my hand!"
05/30/2012 page 368
95.0% "I think I love JZB."