Janet Morris's Reviews > The Help

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

Jun 05, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read from May 29 to June 05, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Help.

Quotes Janet Liked

Kathryn Stockett
“You is kind. You is smart. You is important.”

Kathryn Stockett
“Ugly live up on the inside. Ugly be a hurtful, mean person.”

Kathryn Stockett
“All I'm saying is, kindness don't have no boundaries.”

Kathryn Stockett
“Wasn't that the point of the book? For women to realize, We are just two people. Not that much separates us. Not nearly as much as I'd thought.”

Kathryn Stockett
“Ever morning, until you dead in the ground, you gone have to make this decision. You gone have to ask yourself, "Am I gone believe what them fools say about me today?”

Kathryn Stockett
“I always thought insanity would be a dark, bitter feeling, but it is drenching and delicious if you really roll around in it.”

Kathryn Stockett
“I'm sorry, but were you dropped on your head as an infant?”

Kathryn Stockett
“I always order the banned books from a black market dealer in California, figuring if the State of Mississippi banned them, they must be good.”

Kathryn Stockett
“Sorry is the fool who ever underestimates my mother.”

Kathryn Stockett
“That's the way prayer do. It's like electricity, it keeps things going.”

05/30/2012 page 15
06/02/2012 page 144
32.0% "Okay, this story is still really good. Sometimes popular books are crap."
06/03/2012 page 232
51.0% "I don't get why Elizabeth is so happy she's pregnant. She doesn't seem to care much about Mae Mobley, so why would she want another baby she could be disgusted by?"
06/04/2012 page 392
87.0% "Mrs. Walters is awesome. I feel bad for Minny, Celia, and Skeeter, and I hope someone smacks Hilly across her face soon. She calls everyone else liars when it is obvious that she is the liar."
show 19 hidden updates…