Literary's Reviews > Serpent's Kiss

Serpent's Kiss by Melissa de la Cruz

Jun 07, 12

Read from May 29 to June 07, 2012

I know some reviews start off rehashing what the book summary states plus a little extra. I'm not going to do that this time. The book summary perfectly explains what takes place between the covers of this book. What is doesn't express is the hold the story has on you while you're reading it. It's almost as if Melissa herself has placed an enchantment spell on the words she's written.

Oh yeah ... The one thing the book summary didn't mention, that I adored in this book, were the pixies. They are a group of good-hearted robbers who have forgotten where they're from and why they've been banished from their home. Despite her budding romantic love-live, Ingrid has agreed to help them figure out how to get them home.

I love the world Melissa has created in North Hampton with the Beauchamp family. With the perfect mix of reality and magical creativity, the reader is transported into the lives of the Beauchamps. They are a tightly knit family who are there for each other despite the consequences of that loyalty.

Another interesting fact about Melissa's writing: She has a talent for gently weaving in events, people and places that will progress the story into the next book. Not many authors I've read can do that so seamlessly. Quite a few just try to rush everything in at the end. Not Melissa and that is one of the things I enjoy most about reading her work.

If you've not started Melissa de la Cruz's Witches of East End series and you enjoy fiction with a twist of magic, then I highly recommend you pick up both Witches of East End and Serpent's Kiss. I guarantee you'll be hooked.

FYI - The third novel in this series, The Winds of Salem, will be out June 2013!!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Serpent's Kiss.

06/02/2012 page 32