Natalie's Reviews > The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

Quotes Natalie Liked

We accept the love we think we deserve.
“We accept the love we think we deserve.”

Stephen Chbosky
“So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.”

Stephen Chbosky
“And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.”

Stephen Chbosky
“Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody.”

Stephen Chbosky
“There's nothing like deep breaths after laughing that hard. Nothing in the world like a sore stomach for the right reasons.”

Stephen Chbosky
“She wasn't bitter. She was sad, though. But it was a hopeful kind of sad. The kind of sad that just takes time. ”

Stephen Chbosky
“And I thought about how many people have loved those songs. And how many people got through a lot of bad times because of those songs. And how many people enjoyed good times with those songs. And how much those songs really mean. I think it would be great to have written one of those songs. I bet if I wrote one of them, I would be very proud. I hope the people who wrote those songs are happy. I hope they feel it's enough. I really do because they've made me happy. And I'm only one person.”

Stephen Chbosky
“I don’t know if you’ve ever felt like that. That you wanted to sleep for a thousand years. Or just not exist. Or just not be aware that you do exist. Or something like that. I think wanting that is very morbid, but I want it when I get like this. That’s why I’m trying not to think. I just want it all to stop spinning.”

Stephen Chbosky
“I walk around the school hallways and look at the people. I look at the teachers and wonder why they're here. If they like their jobs. Or us. And I wonder how smart they were when they were fifteen. Not in a mean way. In a curious way. It's like looking at all the students and wondering who's had their heart broken that day, and how they are able to cope with having three quizzes and a book report due on top of that. Or wondering who did the heart breaking. And wondering why.”

Stephen Chbosky
“And all the books you've read have been read by other people. And all the songs you've loved have been heard by other people. And that girl that's pretty to you is pretty to other people. and that if you looked at these facts when you were happy, you would feel great because you are describing 'unity.”