Amber's Reviews > Transcendence

Transcendence by C.J. Omololu

May 31, 12

bookshelves: 2012, arc, for-review
Read from May 29 to 31, 2012

Transcendence was amazing! I couldn't put this book down. There was so much mystery and suspense. If you are interested in reincarnation, this is a great pick for you. The unique storyline was so captivating. I simply can't say how fascinating this story is.

I actually think it would be just amazing to be able to remember past lives. To see how different the world has become through the years, centuries even. Cole and Griffon were two Akhet's, people who can remember who they were in the lives they've lived before. It's an Egyptian word that's been used to describe them for thousands of years. But there is also an Iawi Akhet, which they have had their memories for many lifetimes. This is what Griffon, the curly haired, Amber eyed hero is. The Sekhem is an organization that most of the Iawi Akhet belong to. They organize ways to give back. They try and help everything that the humans have helped screw up over the millennia, such as hunger, poverty, disease and climate change.

But not only do they have this amazing responsibility, but they can sense other Akhet's. That is how Cole and Griffon's journey began. It was so sweet and paced nicely. I liked the fact that Cole was just coming into her Akhet abilities and Griffon was there to guide her. He was a knockout! I just adored this character. He wasn't the hero that tried to whisk the lady off her feet and throw her in the sack. He was a gentleman. Respectful. I admired him for his sense of self-control. It was cute watching Cole go all mushy thinking about him and being around him.

There was a particular item in this story that holds a big piece to the puzzle. The mystery glimpses of the past are stepping stones to the final scene. This story was so well played out and so intriguing. I enjoyed the easiness of the writing and steady pacing. I can't wait to read the next installment. I seriously Can. Not. Wait!

A special “Thank You” to Bloomsbury Walker.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Transcendence.

~Tina~ Wonderful review hun! It's so great to know that the story is just as great as that amazing cover!:)

Amber ~Tina~ wrote: "Wonderful review hun! It's so great to know that the story is just as great as that amazing cover!:)"

Thanks, Teeny! It was, It was one of those books you just wanted to keep reading to find out what was going to happen. I think you would enjoy it.