Ashelynn's Reviews > What I Didn't Say

What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor

Jul 06, 12

Read on July 06, 2012

Here's the deal. I can't watch most ER/hospital TV shows because they do stuff wrong all the freaking time. Somehow, I can watch Scrubs and it doesn't bother me as much.

I also can't read a book where the accident is all wrong.

So, I asked my mother, a nurse, if someone could survive if a post went through their neck, crushing their vocal chords and wind pipe. As I was reading this, I was thinking, what about the arteries there? Wouldn't you bleed out? And if you crushed your wind pipe, you can't breathe. After a certain amount of time of not breathing, your body will shut down.

My mother read the passage of the doctor explaining to Jake his injuries and said it wasn't possible. That yes, some people do survive when their vocal chords are scratched or ripped or smashed, but a t-post embedding itself into your neck?

You're fucking dead.

And this book makes no sense. How he survived, even when his friends fell onto his body, embedding it MORE onto the post?, is beyond me. I just don't understand how this is possible.

I'm sure it's a cute story and all that, but I cannot read a book where the main character is supposed to be dead kthxbai.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What I Didn't Say.

06/29/2013 marked as: read