Christine's Reviews > No Safety in Numbers

No Safety in Numbers by Dayna Lorentz

Jun 25, 12

Read in June, 2012

I was excited for this book but, in the end, it was a letdown. It wasn't the most awful book ever but the characters weren't all that likeable the repetition in the author's writing was really annoying after a while. Lorentz kept repeating herself when describing the thoughts of the characters (we get it, Shay is worried about her grandmother, Ryan is in love with Shay, Marco is treated badly by kids at school, blah blah blah). The action is pretty repetitive until about the last 10 pages where it starts to move which is a shame because if the pace had been that speed the whole time the book would have been much more interesting.

The most disappointing aspect about this book was the fact THAT IT IS A SERIES but all of the press and reviews I saw on this book did not indicate this. I was not in the mood to start up another series that would require me waiting years for the conclusion.

Lucky for me (I guess) I didn't care enough about the characters to await the second book.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Safety in Numbers.