Jean's Reviews > Managing Anxiety in People with Autism: A Treatment Guide for Parents, Teachers and Mental Health Professionals

Managing Anxiety in People with Autism by Anne M. Chalfant

Jun 09, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read from May 29 to June 09, 2012

I love this book. As parents, we all have certain books that "work" for us. Well this one works for us. From page 1 I was hooked. I had 5 sticky notes within the first 2 pages. The case studies had so many commonalities for my son, it was as if the Dr. who wrote the book took bits of my son and pretended they were her patients. She explained what is happening to my son and WHY! SHe gave practical solutions.

She says at the start there are parts of the book that will help and parts that won't really matter to you and your specific situation and she is right. There were some bits of info I completely devoured and literally said "thank you" out loud too. There were other parts I was able to skip. But, there are parts I skipped I KNOW I will need in the future. So I went ahead and ordered a copy from Amazon to have on hand. I highly recommend this one to anyone with a child on the spectrum struggling with anxiety...which pretty much means all parents of kids with autism.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Managing Anxiety in People with Autism.