L.E.Olteano 's Reviews > Bound Temptations

Bound Temptations by Shiloh Walker

5203869
Jun 13, 12

bookshelves: blog-review, netgalley, reviewed, received-for-review
Read from June 10 to 13, 2012

Wow. I have one thing to say about them both, and that is the writing is just freaking fabulous! After reading these two I have a sneaky suspicion I'd love to read pretty much everything by the same author. Spunky characters, charismatic, intriguing, very clear personalities, healthy sense of humor, clear and vibrant imagery in all scenes of any nature, beautiful flow of the plot.
All around fabulous writing, as far as I'm concerned! So, let's talk about them separately for a bit.

First off, Temp Me. It's really more of a hot romance then erotica read, if you ask me. I totally loved basically everything about it. It was the sizzling sort of romance read with a clean plot and really great characters.
The chemistry between Rocki and Cole was awesome, and as soon as both of them were anywhere together, in whatever scene - even those not so fun, I won't give details so I won't spoil your read - they were just dynamite. I was grinning like a mad woman each time they were together, and they finally had the one on one time... iha, guys! Seriously amazing chemistry.
I'm sure this story is going to stick with me for quite a while, they had that memorable couple vibe, you know? Totally awesome read.

Beg Me, on the other hand, the second story in the book, is a bit kinkier in nature. Whereas the first leans more into the spicy romance category, this one revolves around a traumatic event, power play dynamics in a couple and some really amazing chemistry, yet again.
Being a fan of power play reads, I might say I personally enjoyed this one better. The themes it approaches are just as serious as the first one, we're not talking smut much here guys, but really dramatic parts of plots, traumatic events, difficult situations and overcoming them. This second story was a bit hard to read, just because of the particular brand of traumatic events it involves. I would even say if you're a delicate nature, this might be a bit too much for you, the traumatic parts are more events passed that present plot refers to, but it can get a bit too much for some.

But particularly because of that, the chemistry between Tania and Drake and their romance is so much stronger, so incredibly intense. This is the kind of read I really really dig, particularly because of that insane intensity. The top of my head nearly blew off, that's how incredible this was!

So, all in all, I say this combo is fantastic. I'd say give this a try, the writing is really awesome, the plots are layered and well developed, and the characters are really well built and charming. Awesome, awesome reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bound Temptations.