Hannah's Reviews > Juliet Immortal

2050721
May 29, 12

bookshelves: william-shakespeare, paranormal-novels, series-i-will-finish
Read in May, 2012

I am speechless by the epic ending of this book and I am trying to come up with some logical unbiased things to say about it. Well, it is obvious by my four stars that I truely like this book and I am pleasnatly surprised to find out that the book is a series. I was not looking for another book with an ending like this one. I thought that the ending was complete and that this novel was going to be a stand-alone. I am not complaining by any means that the author wants to milk this story for all it is worth. I am totally happy with it, because I thought that the unique retelling was genius. I like the herione of the story and all the complications that involved the characters and the plot. It kept me guessing the whole entire time and those kinds of books are very special, because they are oh-so rare in today's day and age. The only complications that I found that made the book distracting and not 5 star quality is at times the underdevelopment of the foil character Gemma as well as the main character "Juliet". The characters were at times all one thing, but then switch to the other like bipolar disorder and just saying that the character at times seems to have a bipolar disorder does not make it okay. The character needed more time to develop and with a few more chapters and better writing, it might have gotten there. Since that did not happen, the book will recieve four stars, because I really did enjoy it. It was a probing read and really made me think about how I forgive in my own life. Any book that has the power to make me self-reflect is powerful indeed and worth a read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Juliet Immortal.