rachel's Reviews > The Brothers K

The Brothers K by David James Duncan

May 29, 12

bookshelves: to-read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Brothers K.

Quotes rachel Liked

David James Duncan
“But I finally concluded that it is an inalienable right of lovers everywhere to become temporarily worthless to the world, it may even be their duty.”
David James Duncan, The Brothers K

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Snotchocheez Oh, yeah...I loved this one...the first third though is VERY baseball-heavy, and I'm unsure if you'll appreciate its Zen-like slowness. It totally blew me away, though. Great pick metafilter, if I must say so myself.

message 2: by rachel (new) - added it

rachel I love baseball!

Snotchocheez Then move it up to the top of yo list, post-haste. 2nd third of the book is BC (Canada) wilderness and...hmm...India. Can't speak highly enough of this book.

message 4: by rachel (new) - added it

rachel I also love wilderness and the idea of India! Top of my list right now is weird bear sex, though...sorry, got priorities here. ;)

message 5: by rachel (new) - added it

rachel (I am glad that bear sex will be the last thing in my mind before falling asleep, too.)

Snotchocheez (wracking mah brain tryin' to recall if there wuz weird bear sex in this..) alas, I think it was just traditional, non-weird bear sex in it. Sorry ; P

message 7: by rachel (new) - added it

rachel Well as long as there is some sort of bear sex, I'm good.

message 8: by rachel (new) - added it

rachel I'm glad I just posted that to the Internet with a picture of my face next to it.

Snotchocheez Could't be any worse than weighing in on the "Snowballin': I Fucked Frosty" convo. Or, even, initiating said convo. (The logical progression: a melange of the two books: Weird Yeti Sex!). (Better change that profile pic again...and yer name, while yer at it...)

message 10: by rachel (new) - added it

rachel I actually read the free preview of Snowballin' too, I'll have you know. It's just a matter of time before I hit the 50 Shades of Grey circle of hell. I have come to peace with that.

Snotchocheez How this thread went from "The Brothers K" to "50 Shades of Grey" is beyond me. Skeery. ; P

message 12: by rachel (new) - added it

rachel Honestly, many of my conversations these days arrive at that point somehow. Lunch with my co-workers did today. I don't know how or why.