Anthony's Reviews > Storm Front

Storm Front by Jim Butcher

Jul 06, 12

Read in July, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storm Front.

Quotes Anthony Liked

Jim Butcher
“Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face.”

Jim Butcher
“Harry," Bob drawled, his eye lights flickering smugly, "what you know about women, I could juggle.”

Jim Butcher
“Have you ever felt despair? Absolute hopelessness? Have you ever stood in the darkness and known, deep in your heart, in your spirit, that it was never, ever going to get better? That something had been lost, forever, and that it wasn't coming back?”

Jim Butcher
“A technicality I'm prepared to hide wildly behind.”

Jim Butcher
“You don't go walking into the proverbial lion's den lightly. You start with a good breakfast.”

Jim Butcher
“I'd made the vampire cry. Great. I felt like a real superhero. Harry Dresden, breaker of monsters' hearts.”

Jim Butcher
“I don't want to live in a world where the strong rule and the weak cower. I'd rather make a place where things are a little quieter. Where trolls stay the hell under their bridges and where elves don't come swooping out to snatch children from their cradles. Where vampires respect the limits, and where the faeries mind their p's and q's. My name is Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden. Conjure by it at your own risk. When things get strange, when what goes bump in the night flicks on the lights, when no one else can help you, give me a call. I'm in the book.”

Jim Butcher
“Kids. You gotta love them. I adore children. A little salt, a squeeze of lemon--perfect.”

Jim Butcher
“Where instinct fails, intellect must venture.”

Jim Butcher
“I think that men ought to treat women like something other than weaker men with breasts.”

Jim Butcher
“EASTER HAS BEEN CANCELED - THEY FOUND THE BODY”

Jim Butcher
“Smiling always seems to annoy people more than actually insulting them. Or maybe I just have an annoying smile.”

Jim Butcher
“When I'm in turmoil, when I can't think, when I'm exhausted and afraid and feeling very, very alone, I go for walks. It's just one of those things I do. I walk and I walk and sooner or later something comes to me, something to make me feel less like jumping off a building.”

07/04/2012 page 11