Michael's Reviews > Rise of a Merchant Prince

Rise of a Merchant Prince by Raymond E. Feist

May 29, 12

Read in May, 2012

Well shucks, Mr. Feist, you've bamboozled me again. Yet again I found myself unable to put the book down and once again I was pretty disappointed when I did. Some small steps were taken to resolving the huge conflict previously mentioned, but even the huge triumphs were skipped over in a pretty unsatisfactory way. "Okay, we're about to do that super-mega-ultra-important life-threatening task...Okay, we did it. It was cool. Some people died. Now we're making some food." If that were the only shortcoming though I would have been pretty pleased with the progress made. The real disappointment was the fall of the hereto lovable character Roo from clever wily adventurer and the kind of character you can't help but enjoy to the vessel of Mr. Feist's unfulfilled sexual fantasies. If he had spent as much time with the oncoming holocaust as he did with Roo's extramarital exploits we wouldn't need two more books to finish the dang story. Disappointing.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rise of a Merchant Prince.