Melissa's Reviews > To Sir Phillip, With Love

To Sir Phillip, With Love by Julia Quinn

May 29, 2012

bookshelves: romantic-reads
Read on May 27, 2012

Eloise's book overlaps with the tail-end of Colin's - she wasn't lying when she said she was a diligent correspondent, surprise! Having started a correspondence with a widower, she escapes from Daphne's ball (in Romancing Mister Bridgerton) to travel to Sir Phillip's home at his invitation to see if they will suit as husband and wife (this had me cracking up just a bit - Eloise and Phillip's story is the Regency version of Sarah, Plain and Tall: lots of innuendo, naughtier children, special licenses, and a deceased wife who unfortunately had a nasty case of depression and then post-partum depression/psychosis. (Eloise scared the hell out of her family, though, which I didn't much appreciate since Quinn has made Violet everyone's favorite mother).

And having binged on too many romance novels recently, I have to admit this one has my very favorite last chapter and epilogue - very conscientious of the personalities of the hero/heroine as set forth in the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Sir Phillip, With Love.