Gossymotto's Reviews > UnWholly

U 50x66
May 29, 2012

bookshelves: sci-fi, spiritual
Read from December 14 to 22, 2012

Unwind was the first Neal Shusterman book that I ever read and that led me to reading a lot more Neal Shusterman book. I think he is a great storyteller. I also find that I like much of the same stories that he does so, because of Shusterman, I have found a whole new crop of great Author's like Scott Orson Card and Octavia Butler.

When I found out that there was going to be a second book (and a third), to the Unwind story, I was excited. Unwind was still my favorite of the Shusterman books that I read and, no I wasn't worried about it taking away from how great the first one was. I have plenty of confidence in Shusterman to follow through with more brilliance, and he didn't disappoint with UnWholly.

This story starts of interestingly enough, but subtly and then just builds and builds, catching you by surprise over and over again. By the time you get 3 quarters of the way through it you start wondering how so many different character and directions are going to possibly pull together.

The only drawback for me is that when you finish reading this book there is no doubt that it was written with the intention of a third bok to follow. The next book should prove to be amazing but when I read Unwind I felt more like there was completion to the story even though it was obvious that there could be more written, Unwind didn't feel like a setup for a series.

So now I will try to be patient and wait for the rest of the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read UnWholly.