jillz's Reviews > Hope's Folly

Hope's Folly by Linnea Sinclair

May 30, 12

Read from May 29 to 30, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I loved this book.

I was very reluctant to read it because I pretty much hated the first book in the series (Gabriel's Ghost) and skipped the 2nd book entirely because it had the same characters in it as the first. I am so glad I read this book though!

I loved the two main characters, Philip and Rya. Philip was an awesome male lead. Not a super possessive, overly alpha male like in some romances. And Rya was pretty bad ass. I loved the bodyguard trope, especially since Rya was HIS bodyguard. I loved that Rya had a few hangups about her weight and appearance but STILL seduced him one night. I liked the pacing and the tension of the plot.

My ONE complaint is that the romance was mostly build up and tension. The first kiss doesn't happen until after halfway through the book. And sexytimes not until the last 1/4 of the book.

Another small complaint, was there was a pretty large cast of characters to keep track of (for good reason in the plot) and the author kept referring to the same characters by different names and nicknames which made things kind of confusing at times.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hope's Folly.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Tucker I may be convinced to read this off of your review, but is it, like so many romance novels, written in a "he said/she said" manner? I hate books that skip viewpoint from the main character man and main character woman from chapter to chapter.

jillz It's told in 3rd person and it doesn't switch POV between chapters. Sometimes the story is told from Phillip's and sometimes from Rya's. It was a good space opera on a ship with a good romance plot. I would lend it to you if it was lendable!