Miki Habryn's Reviews > The Fractal Prince

The Fractal Prince by Hannu Rajaniemi

May 29, 2012

Read in May, 2012

I loved the previous book, but I read it too long ago to remember if I found it as hard to grasp as this one. There's several story-lines that play out simultaneously in very different worlds, and on top of that there's what feels like a very deliberate tribute to 1001 Nights in the use of nested stories and many of the universe's elements. Once everything is revealed, the layering and plot manipulations are simply grand, but I was well past the halfway point of the book before I felt like I had a handle on what was happening. This book is very worthwhile, but probably best paired with ADHD medication.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fractal Prince.

Jean How have you already read this? Publication date september 2012?

Miki Habryn I know someone at the publishing house who remembered me waxing lyrical about how great the previous one was!

Jean Mad! I envy you.Sounds largely like the first, can't wait, The Quantum Thief blow my mind body and soul.

message 4: by j (new) - rated it 4 stars

j the first one is VERY confusing, so this sounds quite similar.

message 5: by Melanie (new) - added it

Melanie Samy The first one was very hard to understand. I remember having to read several chapters multiple times. In the end, it was a fantastic book and well worth the effort to understand it. I can't wait to read the sequel!

message 6: by Dan (new) - added it

Dan Schuna Yep, sounds like the first one. I was about halfway through that one before I had a grasp of what was happening. I JUST finished it and found it WELL worth the effort so I'm very excited for this one. Thanks for your review!