Zandra's Reviews > Zero

Zero by Tom Leveen

Jun 25, 12

bookshelves: family, realistic, teen-fiction, low-self-esteem, alcoholism, art, dating, family-problems, punk-rock, violence, clubs, phoenix-arizona
Read from May 29 to June 25, 2012

Uh oh! Looks like Tom Leveen may very well be becoming one of my favorite teen authors. I loved his first book, PARTY, and found this one to be just as memorable and enjoyable. Seventeen-year-old Amanda "Zero" Walsh, a recent high school graduate in Phoenix, Arizon, is a talented artist who is disappointed that her plan to attend and art school in Chicago fell through. While dealing with this, she struggles with the state of her troubled family and the fall-out she's had with her best friend Jenn. One night she's at a punk rock club enjoying the music, when the beautiful violet blue eyes of the drummer mesmerize her. Normally shy and suffering from low self-esteem, she uncharacteristically approaches him and begins a conversation. Long story short, drummer Mike becomes her boyfriend.
I will stop her so as not to givae away too much more. But I will say this - Tom Leveen was damn good at creating an authentic and realistic voice of a teenage girl. You have to read it to see what I mean. What an enjoyable read!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Zero.