Katelyn Broad's Reviews > Breaking Beautiful

Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf

May 29, 12

Read in May, 2012

In only a moment, everything can change. This is what Allie learns the hard way after her boyfriend died driving off of a cliff while she was there. Thing is-she doesn't remember it. She was found on the ground unconscious and bleeding. Her boyfriend was the son of a powerful man and living in a small town people began to talk and wonder-why can't Allie remember that night? Is she hiding something? When Allie becomes closer to her friend Blake suspicions rise. Allie keeps being pushed to remember but the problem is remember brings up all of the memories of her abusive dead ex-the ones she's kept secret since they started dating.
My thoughts:
I simply enjoyed this book. The subject matter is sad but the book kept on moving. It was just long enough and didn't drag on. I loved the character development and how it happens throughout the book. The picture that the author painted in describing Allie, her brother Andrew, Trip and Blake was perfect. I feel that reading this book or books like these can help bring to light the issues that Allie suffered before the car accident. Many young women are victims of dating violence and abuse but don't always see it that way. Its important to bring these issues to the surface and start talking about them in truth-not in the way that books like 50 Shades of Grey or Twilight paint them.
All in all this was a great book and I really liked it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Beautiful.