RLA's Reviews > Lucy in the Sky

Lucy in the Sky by Paige Toon

May 29, 2012

it was ok
Read in April, 2012

I was expecting a lot more from this book. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it but it was also quite frustrating. The blurb of this book made me think that the majority of the book would take place whilst the heroine was on the flight and her having to deal with all her conflicting emotions while stuck there. But instead this takes up no more than 10-20 pages, and the rest of the book jumps about. A lot.

The pacing of this book is a little odd, and the author's style doesn't quite appeal to me. It was too long winded, sort-of like 'I did this then I did that, then I went here. She said this, I said that and he said this, then I did this...' well, you get the idea!

It was never quite established whether or not the heroine's boyfriend did cheat on her - lots of accusations sure, all of which he denied, the consensus is that he did but I felt I needed a little bit of closure here.

I did enjoy the way that the author slowly built up the relationship between the heroine and Nathan, there is a beautiful friendship there not just a love story. One last moan and that is I feel the characters should have been older - the heroine is only 24.

I will look to read other books by this author as I feel that this is probably not the best example of her writing. It is OK though.

Originally posted at http://everyday-is-the-same.blogspot....
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lucy in the Sky.