Andrea Heltsley's Reviews > Broken

Broken by C.K. Bryant

Jun 23, 12

bookshelves: first-reads-books-for-review
Read from June 18 to 19, 2012

Before I read Broken, I had the pleasure of reading Bound. Bound is the first book in The Crystor Series. I loved Bound and was beyond thrilled when I found out the adventure would continue in Broken.

This book takes place in another world and Earth is left behind. I was a little unsure at first because I am more of an urban fantasy fan. I like a little fantasy in my real life, not a whole world of fantasy. I have to admit, this book was amazing and I was engrossed in it for the better part of a day.

Kira and Octavion made such a great couple, full of normal insecurities in a blooming relationship. I enjoyed seeing it from Octavion's point of view, even though I wasn't sure I would. Lydia isn't present in this book and for that I was a little bummed. Alteria was present for a short while though.

The author did such a great job pulling images from your imagination with her descriptive writing. I felt like I was there in Xantara. New friends were introduced, adding to a web of complex characters. I liked that intricacy she weaved.

I have finished both Bound and Broken with a frenzy. Now I am hoping for a third book in a speedy like fashion. I am dying to find out what happened.

If you like fantasy with some romance, then this series is for you. I highly recommend it, Bound and Broken are a great start to a new series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Broken.