Ginifer's Reviews > Madly & Wolfhardt

Madly & Wolfhardt by M. Leighton

F_50x66
Jun 02, 12

The whole concept behind this series is so mind blowing I don't even know where to begin! Madly & Wolfhardt is based off the old fairytale of Red Riding Hood...only in this series it's not a fairy tale. Leighton puts her own spin on the story and blends it in with Mer culture and even biblical references. So cool! Don't worry, it's not preachy. Wolfhardt is the Lore that surfaces first after the breech in Atlas and Madly is the only one who can capture him. She has a special bracelet (because she's a princess!) which she has to use to capture the spirits and return them to the prison. The only other bracelets like hers are locked down in Atlas. It's all up to her...and Jackson.

*sigh* Jackson. I am completely in love with him, but I'll try to concentrate and not gush. ;) Madly has had a HUGE crush on Jackson since she was a kid and hasn't seen him since she was 15. It would be awesome that she gets to reconnect with him if it weren't for the fact that she is already betrothed to someone else. Oh, and there's the tiny problem of Jackson being a Sentinel. Sentinels and Royals are forbidden to be romantically involved. So Madly finds herself working alongside Jackson every day while trying to deny her feelings for him.

I really don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just talk about some of the other characters for a minute. Jersey is Jackson's little sister and Madly's best friend. LOVE Jersey! She is so much fun and outgoing and hilarious and loyal. I want to pull her out of the story to keep as my own! Then there's Aidan - Madly's betrothed. He's the cautious one of the three and he's such a sweetheart. Love him, too! Another thing that makes this book the awesome is that there's not a long, drawn-out love triangle. M. Leighton handles the relationship conflict extremely well.

The world-building and supernatural aspects are perfect. Even though there was one time when Madly swam out to sea in her clothes, turned into a mermaid, transferred back into her human form when she came ashore...yet somehow her pants were still on and intact. lol! This book is so incredible it only got a raised brow and a chuckle from me as I kept going.

The book is very well-paced and you won't want to put it down. Seriously, I don't know what else to say other than go buy it and devour it NOW!

This review is from my blog, Addicted to Words.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Madly & Wolfhardt.