Max Brcko's Reviews > The Silence of the Lambs

The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris

U_50x66
May 30, 12

The Silence of the Lambs is a book about FBI agent Clarice Starling, and her search for serial killer "buffalo Bill." That kidnaps women, cuts triangular patches of skin off their shoulders, and upper back. The main interest for his search starts when Catherine Baker Martin daughter of Senator Ruth Martin is captured by "Buffalo Bill." In the process to find Buffalo Bill she goes, to serial killer Hannibal Lector "Hannibal the Cannibal," who is locked up in the Maryland mental institution. To see what insight he knows about the serial killer by his ways.

In the book Silence of the Lambs it mentions that an autopsy on one of “Buffalo Bill's” victims had a black witch moth pupa in her throat. This was not mentioned in the movie. In the book agent Clarice starling goes to visit Hannibal lector twice. While in the movie she only visits him once. The scene where Clarice starling goes to the autopsy room isn't much importance. Since, the movie doesn't mention the moth pupa being found in the victim’s throat so it is unnecessary to have that scene in the movie.

I would recommend this book to other readers who can handle a mature book. I think that this book is a thriller that will keep you on your toes. It will have you to want to keep reading until the end. Some of the weaknesses of the book were that the author made a few sections of the book too long, much more than necessary was told. I liked the authors writing style, and how descriptive he was at times because the movie didn't show you that emotion. I would change the ending of the book I feel he cut the climax too fast, and just had it all go down very soon. I feel this book is for older more mature audiences to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Silence of the Lambs.